ALMA was formed in 2006 and is the peak industrial body for laboratory professionals. We concentrate on issues and themes that are germane to all laboratories, irrespective of the industry they are operating in.
There are plenty of societies and associations catering to industry specific issues, ALMA cuts across this "silo" approach, addressing as it does the common themes and universal issues.
Here are some great reasons to join ALMA:
Your membership fee is 100% tax deductible
- Financial ALMA members receive substantial discounts off registration for all ALMA/SIA organised training and events including the annual Laboratory Managers Conference and associated workshops
- Access to “Members Only” section of website where regular data, information, tips and links relevant to the science of laboratory management are posted
- Monthly Lab Manager Magazine
- ALMAnac - general e-newsletters - regulatory, workplace practice, marketing
- Special interest group meetings - state based
- Discounted access to technical, business and management training courses
- Affiliated co-joint activities with other complementary associations
- More networking opportunities...more value for your ALMA membership dollar